Why web-view is bad?
- Less performent compared to native and native-like technologies
- Does not follow OS’s UI design pattern. Same design in both android and iOS
Why React Native
- Big community. Makes development process easier as support can be expected from community when stuck
- Battle-tested framework. Used by companies like Facebook, Uber Eats, Discord, Skype. And invested by Shopify, Microsoft (despite having Xamarin) etc
- Cross-Platform. Write code once, and run it in three platform (Android, Web and iOS)
React Native can’t beat Native App’s performence
To understand this, we first gotta understand how React Native works internally. When we ship an app, it gets shipped with three things:
- React Native components compiled to Native Code
An app built with purely native technologies(like Java, Kotlin, Swift or Objective-C) whon’t have to undergo these tasks(communicating and VM boot-up). Hence, the performence gain.
The downside of using React Native is that it ships a Virtual Machine along with the Release APK which makes the app relatively slow and bigger in size.
export const ComponentName>
export default ComponentName. Former will make sure that
importnamings are consistent throughout the project codebase.